Behind the Lens
Our design team includes engineers with decades of experience in the design of optical systems, encompassing both optical, opto-mechanical, and materials science disciplines. From simple lens design to full system modelling, we provide our customers with complete optical and opto- mechanical solutions. You can expect full optical design support whether it’s helping our customers to solve a problem with an existing system, or providing an entire system from a blank sheet of paper.
Given that our design team is integrated with our manufacturing group, we are uniquely positioned to optimize product cost and manufacturability. Our customers benefit from having a single point of contact for answering questions, solving problems, and improving performance.
- High power 3-D laser scanner
- This provides welding spots between 150 and 600 μm within a 400 mm x 400 mm x 300 mm volume, with diffraction limited performance throughput
- It can also use single mode lasers as input to create much smaller spots for cutting
- A specialized microscope objective for a biomedical application
- 15 mm long, 7 mm diameter, it has an f# of less than 1 (in water)
- A fiber coupling lens for reduced sensitivity to misalignments
- This allowed our customer to reduce the cost and processing time of their machining centers, greatly increasing productivity
- A coupling lens that enables users to take photographs through endoscopes with cell phone cameras