The Precision Optics Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship is designed so that upon completion a POM Tech can insert themselves successfully in any department at Archer OpTx. The POM Tech apprentice will receive on-the-job training, as well as related technical instruction from an accredited higher educational institution.
BENEFITS TO APPRENTICES:
‣ Paid Employment
‣ Competency Based Completion In 1-3 Years
‣ Progressive Wage Scale
‣ Acquire Workplace Skills
‣ Earn Academic Credits
‣ Career Advancement Opportunities
‣ Receive Industry Credentials
Please review the information below and apply for our Apprenticeship Program if you are interested in a career in the optics industry.
WHO WE SUPPORT
‣ Event Lasers
‣ Machine Vision
KEY WORKPLACE SKILLS:
‣ Participate in the planning of optical fabrication processes.
‣ Use appropriate optical manufacturing machines to generate optical components.
‣ Calibrate, maintain, and operate optical manufacturing and metrology equipment.
‣ Inspect and measure optical components during the manufacturing process and on completed parts.
‣ Assemble optical systems.
‣ Must have a high school diploma or GED
‣ Must be accepted into an accredited higher educational institution
‣ Must submit a resume
‣ Must submit 2 letters of recommendation (1 educational/1 work or personal)
Qualified candidates will be selected following interviews.
‣ Optical Elements and Ray Optics
‣ Optical Instruments and Testing
‣ Quantitative Skills in Optics
‣ Optical Fabrication and Metrology
‣ Advanced Optical Fabrication & Metrology
‣ Optical Systems
‣ Business and Professional Communication
‣ Professional Ethics
‣ Technical and Business Writing